These are some new songs we’ve been learning along with our new bass player, Yan. No Rob yet. He is still finishing up the last few weeks of his MBA. I think he’s made it out for a jam once in the last month or so. We miss his chops and his pretty face.
- This was the first time I decided to see if I could record us live off the floor with only 8 inputs. Seemed to work out okay.
- I did also post another video here from an earlier jam but I didn’t take the time to track the audio properly. So it’s literally just the GoPro microphone.
- Since we are learning new songs and wiping the dust off others, things still get rough so I’ve edited out the rough or tedious parts for this one.
For those who are curious on how I recorded this using 8 inputs:
- Drums: Overheads (x2), kick, snare – total of 4 mics/tracks
- Bass: DI out of amplifier into audio interface, run through Waves GTR3 bass amp simulator
- Guitar: DI out of amplifier into audio interface, run through Waves GTR3 amp simulator
- Lead & Backup Vocals: Used the monitor output from the live mixing console into audio interface